- Ruby on Rails
- Gorilla Toolkit
The Ohio State University
B.S. Computer Science & Engineering
Sept 2016 - Oct 2017
Senior Software Engineer
- Rapidly iterated on an automated marketing SaaS to achieve market fit.
- Developed a new product that had a goal to widen the inbound sales opportunities.
- Delivered Express, a product targeted at customers with a lower budget.
- Spiked, and then led the effort to replace Rails Action Views with a React front-end.
- Mentored a Software Engineer at his 1st post-college job.
Aug 2013 - Aug 2016
- Designed and delivered revenue generating features that directly impacted our MRR.
- Took over responsibilities from former Security Engineer. On-boarded new employees, led quarterly security reviews, and was PoC for independent security researchers.
- Lead of a team dedicated to addressing technical debt by creating new processes and tools.
- Designed and delivered an auditing solution for our customers that handles 1.6 billion events per month on a single EC2 t2.small instance.
- Delivered native user management support on OS X, despite a lack of documentation from Apple.
- Delivered a Google Authenticator MultiFactor login screen replacement for OS X.
- Integrated with Google's API for Google Apps user imports and exports.
- Created a billing microservice to accurately track how many hours per month a system was active.
- Extensively revamped our admin portal using Backbone.js.
- Member of an on-call rotation responsible for our production systems.
Jan 2013 - Jul 2013
- Rapidly implemented new brokerage features to replace an antiquated system.
- Responsible for key mapping features that gave brokers instant visual feedback on potential matches.
Jul 2012 - Dec 2012
- Used extensive Taxonomy and Search features to make a client’s large site easily manageable.
- Worked as the sole Android Developer to reduce platform specific bugs and rendering issues for a client’s HTML5 WebView application.
Jan 2012 - Jun 2012
- Created an internal Ruby on Rails and Backbone.js reporting website for a client using TDD and Agile methodologies.
- Created key management features to set goals, create users, and spoof user identities.
- Setup and maintained a local Jenkins Continuous Integration Server
- Presented different augmented reality solutions for iOS to the client, and consulted on the initial design.
Jun 2011 - Feb 2012
Junior Technology Associate
- Created custom SharePoint web parts and implanted Omniture analytics for a client’s website.
- Co-created a SharePoint training class, leveraging self-taught skills for fellow interns.
Chemical Abstracts Service
Jun 2010 - Jun 2011
Student Programming Co-Op
- Generated reports using SAP and Business Analyzer for the sales staff to better focus their sales efforts.
- Created a Python fuzzy matching script to identify client overlap despite inconsistent naming conventions.
February 9, 2016
What's coming in Go 1.6?
October 6, 2015
Common and tricky pitfalls in Go
Beginner Track: Interacting with a database
June 2, 2015
Storing/Retrieving registration data in Postgres using database/sql
Beginner Track: Web server Basics
May 5, 2015
How to create a web server and inject GET params into a html/template
Cross Compiling Golang
February 18, 2015
How to setup the golang toolchain for cross compilation
January 15, 2015
Lessons I've learned while managing a small open source project
October 28, 2014
An introduction to using AWS User Space to bootstrap your AMIs
- Integrated Foursquare and Google Maps in an open source Android application to assist users with spending a night out.
- Cleveland Give Camp 2011 – Volunteered as part of an ad hoc formed team to create a mobile WordPress theme using jQuery Mobile for a non-profit. The web site was styled to look and act as a native Android and iOS app.
- Cleveland Give Camp 2012 – Completely overhauled a non-profit’s website with easier management, updated styling, and donations.
- Colorado Give Camp 2013 – Developed a solution to display large amounts of data regarding charter schools on a map.
- Center For Families \& Children – Led a group of interns to develop an end-to-end database solution for storing, entering, and reporting surveys used by a nonprofit client to secure funding.